- Portion size 6 servings
- 6 chicken breast (about 2-1/2 lbs/ 1.25 kg)
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add spinach, parsley and basil; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and moisture evaporates. Let cool completely.
In bowl, mix spinach mixture, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, egg yolk, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
Using sharp knife, bone chicken, leaving skin attached. Gently loosen skin from 1 long side of each breast, leaving skin attached at curved side. Stuff about 1/4 cup (50 mL) stuffing under skin, pressing to spread evenly. Tuck ends of skin and meat underneath.
Place on greased rack in foil-lined pan. Brush with butter. Bake in oven, basting occasionally, for about 35 minutes or until golden and chicken is no longer pink inside.