Coriander and garlic give sautéed spinach a fresh new taste.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2004
- 2 bags (10 oz/284 g) fresh spinach trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped green onions (about 3 bunches)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh coriander leaves (about 1 bunch)
Wash spinach and shake off excess water; coarsely chop. In large skillet or saucepan, cover and cook spinach over medium-high heat with just the water clinging to leaves, in batches if necessary, until wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain in sieve and let cool; press out liquid. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook green onions, garlic, salt and pepper until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coriander and spinach; toss together and heat through.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 342 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 61.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Iron 23.0
- Calcium 12.0
- Vitamin A 59.0