Take your cutting board and fixings on a tray to the grill to make this pub-style sandwich. Serve with Caesar salad.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2004
- 1 lb strip loin grilling steak (about 1/2 inch/1 cm thick)
- 1 lb top sirloin grilling steak (about 1/2 inch/1 cm thick)
- 4 teaspoons steak spice (such as spicy mesquitre or Montreal steak)
- 2 mini baguettes (french sticks)
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables:
- 1 1/2 cup mushroom
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Spanish)
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables: Thread mushrooms onto skewers; set aside. Cut onion into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Seed, core and cut green pepper lengthwise into 8 pieces.
In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; lightly brush about 2 tbsp (25 mL) over vegetables, reserving remaining dressing. Place vegetables on 1 side of greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning often, until browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, rub both sides of steak with steak spice. Place on other side of grill; close lid and grill, turning once, until desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Slice mushrooms and green peppers; add to remaining dressing along with onions and toss well. Cut baguettes in half lengthwise; spread cut sides with horseradish sauce. Divide steak among buns; top with mushroom mixture.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 1532 mg
- Protein 37 g
- Calories 694.0
- Total fat 24 g
- Cholesterol 49 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 83 g
- Iron 44.0
- Folate 67.0
- Calcium 12.0
- Vitamin A 2.0
- Vitamin C 45.0