- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 (2 lb/1 kg) strip loin grilling steak 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick
- 1/2 cup crumble gorgonzola cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 1/2 cup crumble blue cheese (2 oz/60 g)
In large bowl, whisk together minced garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the chopped sage, 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Add steaks and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Place steaks on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until medium-rare, about 10 minutes, or to desired doneness.
Transfer steaks to platter; sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and remaining chopped sage. Tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.