- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2009
- 4 halibut fillets (each 6 oz/175 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom cap
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 sweet red pepper julienned
- 4 slices prosciutto julienned
- 4 slices ham julienned
- 2 green onions julienned
- 1 gingerroot peeled and finely julienned
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
MethodArrange fish on heatproof plate; sprinkle with pepper.
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook mushrooms and half of the soy sauce until softened, 3 minutes. Arrange over fish along with red pepper, prosciutto, green onions and ginger.
Pour enough water into wok to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) below food. Place bamboo steamer or rack in wok; bring to boil. Place plate in steamer or on rack; cover with steamer lid or top of wok and steam over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily when tested, about 12 minutes.
Transfer fish mixture to plate; pour juices into small skillet. Whisk together broth, cornstarch and remaining soy sauce; whisk into skillet and bring to boil. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 minute. Pour over fish.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 538 mg
- Protein 40 g
- Calories 299.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 952 mg
- Cholesterol 62 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Iron 15.0
- Folate 14.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 19.0
- Vitamin C 83.0