Healthful and equally delicious served hot or at room temperature, this dairy-free dish is colourful and fresh-tasting.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2007
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sugar snap peas trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
MethodIn steamer or Dutch oven with 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep water, cover and steam carrots for 8 minutes.
Add cauliflower, broccoli and peas to basket; steam, covered, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl, whisk together oil, sage, vinegar, lemon rind, salt and pepper; microwave at high for 30 seconds or until warm. Serve over vegetables.
Nutritional facts Per each of 8 servings: about
- Sodium 94 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 67.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 6.0
- Folate 16.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 44.0
- Vitamin C 45.0