Prepared with sugar snap peas, carrots, and bean sprouts, this delicious stir fry is great for sharing with friends and family.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2006
- 1 1/3 cup parboiled white rice
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap pea
- 1 cup sliced snow pea
- 2 carrots thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 oz top sirloin grilling steaks cut_into strips
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
In saucepan, bring 2-2/3 cups (650 mL) water to boil; add rice. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes.
Add sugar snap peas and carrots; cook, covered, until vegetables are tender-crisp and no liquid remains, about 4 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet or wok, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef, garlic and ginger until beef is browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, 2 tbsp (25 mL) water, pepper and hot pepper sauce to beef; toss to coat.
Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry rice mixture for 2 minutes. Add beef mixture; stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Stir in bean sprouts and green onions.
More stir-fry recipes:
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 632 mg
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 422.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 61 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 23.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 93.0
- Vitamin C 20.0