- Portion size 10 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 oz Swiss chard leaves shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups Homemade Poultry Stock recipe
- 1 cup cooked small pasta such as stelline (stars), orzo or ditali
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
MethodIn Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; sweat onion and leek until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, Swiss chard, salt, pepper and thyme; cook until chard is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Add stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until chard is softened but not darkened, about 10 minutes. Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) to blender and purée; return to pot and heat through.
Stir in pasta and lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (if using).
Nutritional facts Per each of 10 servings: about
- Sodium 402 mg
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 82.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 260 mg
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g
- Iron 9.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 8.0