This quick and easy-to-make beef and broccoli stir-fry will become a family favourite.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 10 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) Minute Rice® Instant White Rice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) crushed red chili flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) beef sirloin steak or flank steak , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup (15 mL) beef broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can ( 10 oz/284 mL) water chestnuts , sliced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) butter
In bowl, combine chili sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and red chili flakes; toss with steak.
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; stir-fry steak for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for about 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Add broccoli and chestnuts; simmer for about 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring remaining broth, butter and salt to boil. Stir in rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Serve beef mixture on bed of rice.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 630 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 41 g
- Calories 400
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Saturated fat 3.5 g
- Total carbohydrate 33 g