- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 cup seeded English cucumber diced
- 1 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In saucepan, bring 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) water to boil; stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Transfer to large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over bulgur. Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, onions and mint; toss to combine.
Meanwhile, in bowl, toss together shrimp, oil, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper; thread shrimp onto 8 skewers. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat or under broiler; close lid and cook, turning once, for about 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Serve with salad.