Pizza is the perfect vehicle for loading up on vitamins and complex carbohydrates when you pile on an assortment of vegetables.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 12-inch prebaked pizza crust
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup shredded light Monterey Jack-style cheese
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper cut in rings
Place pizza crust on perforated pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush with mustard. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese.
In bowl, toss together corn, onions, coriander and chilies. Arrange tomato slices in single layer over crust, overlapping slightly; repeat with green peppers. Spoon corn mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake on bottom rack in 425°F (220°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.