- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tomato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon mild Red Thai curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 lbs cultivated mussels rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
In Dutch oven or large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook ginger, garlic and tomato for 4 minutes, stirring. Add curry paste; cook, mashing into tomato mixture for 1 minute.
Pour in coconut milk; bring to boil, whisking. Add mussels; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any that do not open.
Ladle mussels and coconut broth into 4 shallow soup bowls. Sprinkle with coriander and chives.