Ask the butcher to cut the steak 2 inches (5 cm) thick for this party-size steak.
- Portion size 12 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2003
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or tsp/5 mL dried)
- 2 tablespoons thyme (or tsp/5 mL dried)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 top sirloin grilling steak 2 inches thick (3 lb/1.5 kg)
In large shallow dish, whisk together rosemary, oil, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Trim fat around edge of steak to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Slash fat just through to flesh at 1-inch (2.5 cm) intervals. Add to marinade, turning to coat; marinate for 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Reserving marinade, place steak on greased grill over medium-high heat; brush generously with marinade. Close lid and grill until desired doneness, 10 to 12 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice diagonally across the grain.
Nutritional facts <b>Per each of 12 servings:</b> about
- Sodium 202 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 207.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 69 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 3.0
- Calcium 1.0