Marinades usually contain an acidic ingredient, such as vinegar, that helps tenderize as it flavours.
- Portion size 75 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2001
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In small bowl, stir together ingredients.
For every 4 servings (1 lb/500 g boneless or 1-1/2 lb/750 g bone-in meat or poultry, or 1 lb/500 g fish), marinate with 1/3 cup (75 mL) marinade.
Cover and refrigerate to marinate meat or poultry for at least 4 hours or for up to 12 hours; marinate fish for no more than 30 minutes.