You can serve this salsa with burgers or grilled cheese sandwiches, or mixed with cream cheese as a dip. Spoon it over popular Tex-Mex dishes such as burritos.
- Portion size 25 servings
- 8 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped Cubanelle peppers Anaheim or sweet banana_peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (5-1/2 oz/156 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (optional)
In large heavy saucepan, bring to boil tomatoes, peppers, onions, vinegar, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, tomato paste, sugar, salt, paprika and oregano, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 1 hour or until thick enough to coat spoon. Stir in coriander (if using); simmer 5 minutes longer. Fill and seal jars; process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.