- Portion size 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut in strips
- 1 green pepper cut in strips
- 8 oz trimmed green beans
- 8 oz trimmed yellow beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook shallots and fennel seeds, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until very soft.
Add vinegar; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add red, yellow and green peppers; cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until tender-crisp and lightly browned.
Stir in green beans, garlic, stock, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Uncover and boil for 1 minute or until liquid is evaporated.