- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2004
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove added to olive oil
- 1 can tuna drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons slivered drained oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 panini buns
Cut 2 oval panini buns horizontally in half. Spread or brush cut sides with olive oil mixed with garlic. Layer tuna, sun-dried tomatoes and tomato on bottom halves; sprinkle with cheese. Sandwich with top half, spread side down.
Heat indoor or outdoor grill, grill pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Grill panini, pressing occasionally with spatula and rotating one-quarter turn halfway through to create cross-hatched grill marks, until bottom is crusty, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook, pressing and rotating halfway through, until crusty and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.