For zip, zest and energy right up to dinner, try this or one of our other "Hearty At-Home Lunches" from the May 2006 issue of Canadian Living magazine.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2006
- 2 cups fusilli pasta
- 1 cup chopped green bean
- 1 cup chopped peas
- 1/2 cup sliced oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup slivered black olive
- 1 can water-packed tuna
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence (or 1/4 tsp/1 mL each dried basil and thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook fusilli for 5 minutes. Add green beans; cook until pasta is tender but firm, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
Dressing: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Add pasta, tomatoes and olives.
Drain tuna and break into chunks; add to bowl and toss lightly.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 468 mg
- Protein 15 g
- Calories 361.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 38 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 32.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 28.0