- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 pkg (10 oz/284) frozen spinach thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup oil-cured olives pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed capers
- 2 cans tuna drained and broken into chunks
- 12 oz spaghetti
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional). In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, herb seasoning and hot pepper flakes for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add spinach and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon. Add olives and capers; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tuna.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm; drain and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with cheese (if using).