- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2006
- 4 carrots
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (about half a head)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 cups sugar snap peas trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pour enough water into Dutch oven to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) up side. Place steamer basket in pot, making sure basket sits above water; cover and bring to boil.
Peel and cut carrots into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick chunks. Place in steamer basket; cover and steam for 8 minutes.
Add cauliflower, brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas to basket; steam, covered, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to warmed platter.
Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, sage, salt and pepper; microwave at high for 30 seconds or until warm. Pour over vegetables.
Nutritional facts <b>Per each of 6 servings:</b> about
- Sodium 141 mg
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 109.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 14 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 27.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 125.0
- Vitamin C 75.0