The easiest way to cook vegetables on the grill is in a foil packet because you don't have to worry about anything burning or falling through the grill. As well, you can flavour your favourites as desired. Get started with any of our combinations.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2003
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice if desired
Cut double-thickness 24-inch (60 cm) length of heavy-duty foil; fold in half crosswise.
Unfold foil; mound vegetables on one side close to fold. Drizzle with butter or olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Fold foil over; fold in sides and seal to form packet. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Place on grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes, turning once, until tender. To serve, shake gently to distribute seasonings. Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.