This salad is an excellent first course for spring entertaining or for lunch with soup and bread.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2003
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sweet red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
MethodSnap off tough ends of asparagus; cut stalks in half. In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook asparagus until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and chill in ice water. Drain on towel.
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms until golden and no liquid remains, 4 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; stir-fry until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add dressing, asparagus and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the dill; cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 minutes.
In large bowl, toss mixed greens with asparagus mixture; divide among plates. Top with goat cheese; sprinkle with remaining dill.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 223 mg
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 280.0
- Total fat 25 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 83.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 34.0
- Vitamin C 113.0