Fresh vegetables combined with warm tofu and vermicelli make this salad a good entrée option. Ingredients like frozen lemongrass and Thai sweet chilli sauce can be found in most Asian grocery stores.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 20 minutes
- Total time 35 minutes
- Portion size 6 servings
- 1 pkg Soyganic Extra Firm Tofu (350g) cubed into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup green onion , sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons frozen lemongrass , thawed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 170 g dried rice vermicelli noodles , cooked and drained
- 1 medium carrot , julienned
- 1 English cucumber , julienned
- 1 cup cilantro , chopped (optional)
- 1 cup mint leaf , chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
In a small bowl, mix all marinade ingredients together.
Toss to coat tofu cubes with the marinade mixture.
Over medium heat, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Brown the tofu cubes for 2 minutes on each side. Add green onions and brown for 3 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Set aside.
In another small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad ingredients, tossing gently to coat salad.
Place tofu cubes on top of noodle salad. Serve as is or chilled.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 297 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 71
- Total fat 2 g
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 7
- Calcium 5
- Vitamin A 35
- Vitamin C 13