The dressing lends a taste of summer any time of year. The red peppers provide vitamins A and C and potassium. Quick and easy to make, this salad is perfect to take to a last-minute potluck or picnic.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2003
- 5 cups rotini pasta 1 lb/500 g
- 1 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets (or 2 tsp/10 ml anchovy paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pesto
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook rotini until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking liquid, drain rotini and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in food processor, purée red peppers; set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, anchovies, salt and hot pepper flakes, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in pesto, vinegar, reserved cooking liquid and pepper pur? add to pasta and toss to coat.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 505 mg
- Protein 11 g
- Calories 337.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 59 g
- Iron 15.0
- Folate 50.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 67.0