By increasing the spinach and decreasing the pasta, we've converted a main-course pasta dish into a wonderful warm salad.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (1/4 lb/125 g)
- 2 cups pasta shells (1/4 lb/125 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb mushroom sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 jar (6 oz/170 g) artichoke heart (undrained)
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
Tear spinach into bite-size pieces; set aside. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente (tender but firm); drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until sizzling, cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in onions and spinach (in batches if necessary); cook for about 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Add artichokes and pasta; cook, stirring gently, for about 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat; toss with tomatoes, cheese, and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.