This slush punch is the answer for a big reception or summer party. It's easy to concoct and, all the better for the busy entertainer, must be made the day before. For a less potent beverage, increase the quantity of soda.
- Portion size 30 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 3 tablespoons Earl Grey loose tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 can frozen concentrated unsweetened orange juice
- 1 can frozen concentrated lemonade
- 5 cups rye whisky
- 1 bottle (750 ml) lemon-lime soda
- 2 oranges thinly sliced
Steep tea in boiling water for 30 minutes; strain and cool. In large plastic container with lid, combine tea with sugar and cold water, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add juice concentrates and whisky; cover tightly and freeze overnight or until slushy. Blend frozen slush and soda in chilled punch bowl and garnish with orange slices.