- Portion size 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto cut_in thin strips (about 4oz/125g)
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 6 fresh sage leaves
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook prosciutto for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Add remaining oil to pan.
Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add chopped sage, wine, salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Add beans and stock; bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
In blender or food processor, pur?soup in batches until smooth. Pour into warmed bowls, sprinkle with prosciutto and sage leaves.