The traditional Austrian pairing of mushrooms and pumpkin seed oil tastes even better on crispy crostini.
- Portion size 34 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2005
- 1 sourdough baguette about 24 inches/60 cm
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 shallots diced (or 1/4 cup/50 mL diced onion)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups thinly sliced mixed mushrooms (oyster,shiitake caps and portobello), about 1-1/2 lb (750 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
Cut baguette into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; arrange on rimmed baking sheet. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; brush 2 tbsp (25 mL) over slices. Broil, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, add shallots and garlic to skillet; saut?ntil softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; saut?ntil golden and liquid is evaporated, 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Top each crostini with 1 tbsp (15 mL) mushroom mixture; drizzle with pumpkin seed oil. Serve warm.
Nutritional facts <b>Per piece:</b> about
- Sodium 116 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 46.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 3.0
- Folate 4.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 1.0