Red Beans and Walnuts with Garlic Sauce
This recipe makes 16 small servings servings
- Portion size: 16 small servings
To say that beans are a substitute for meat seems to imply that they're inferior. Nothing could be further from the truth — just try this lusty Slavic salad.
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 ml) 2cans (19 oz/540 ml)well drained red kidney beanred kidney beans
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcoarsely chopped walnutwalnuts Sauce
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced oniononions
- 1 1clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- Pinch Pinchcayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground coriander
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
In bowl, combine beans and walnuts.
Sauce: Blend together ingredients and add to bean mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight; taste and adjust seasoning.