Red Pepper Tomato Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
Not as creamy as the regular commercial tomato soup, this bowlful of rich, red soup has the immensely flavourful zing of roasted red peppers.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2oniononions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried basil
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups 3cupsvegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped roasted red pepper
- Pinch Pinchpepper
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic and basil, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add tomatoes, stock, red pepper and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
With immersion blender or in blender, pur?soup; reheat if necessary.