Rhubarb Sour Cherry Crisp
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
If you use fresh sour cherries, soaking isn't necessary. Serve with The Classic Creme Anglaise (recipe link below).
- 1 cup 1cuppitted sour cherrysour cherries or dried sour cherries
- 6 cups 6cupssliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, (thawed)
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1 pinch 1pinchground nutmeg
- 1 pinch 1pinchcinnamon
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupcold butter, cubed
If using dried cherries, soak in boiling water for 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
In large bowl, toss together rhubarb, cherries, sugar and flour; spread in lightly greased 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
Topping: In bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt ; using pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. Press into small clumps. Scatter over rhubarb mixture.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 45 minutes or until bubbling and topping is golden and crisp.
Serve with: " target="_blank">Classic Creme Anglaise
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2008