Rice Krispies® Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
This recipe makes 24 servings
|Per bar: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 24 bars
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupslarge-flake rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsRice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup 1cupraisinraisins
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsesame seeds
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppumpkin seedpumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhole unblanched almondwhole unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupcorn syrup
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupliquid honey
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupvegetable oil
In large bowl, combine rolled oats, Rice Krispies®, raisins, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
In saucepan, bring corn syrup, honey and oil to boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
Scrape into double parchment paper–lined or greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan, pressing firmly with back of spoon or greased spatula.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars.
Additional information : ® Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.