Ricotta Walnut Cheesecake
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per each of 10 servings: about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 8 to 10
The sweetness of currants disguises that this is a sugar-reduced cheesecake.
- 1 tub 1tubricotta cheese, (475 g)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsour cream
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 4 4eggeggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcurrantcurrants
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated orange rind Crust:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuptoasted walnut halfwalnut halves
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
Grease 8-inch (2 L) springform pan; set aside.
Crust: In food processor, pulse flour, walnuts, butter, sugar and salt just until clumped together. Press evenly into prepared pan; prick all over with fork. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until golden, 15 minutes. Let cool on rack.
In food processor, whirl ricotta with sour cream until smooth. Add sugar, flour and vanilla; whirl until smooth. Whirl in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in currants and orange rind; pour over crust. Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until light golden and set around edge yet centre still jiggles slightly, about 1 hour.
Transfer to rack. Loosen side; let cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Source : Holiday Celebrations: 2007