Roasted Corn Salsa
This recipe makes 50 1 tbsp (15 mL) servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|pro||3 g3g pro|
|total fat||1 g1g total fat|
|carb||21 g21g carb|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL)
Serve this colourful, easy salsa over grilled fish, as a topping for burgers, or simply scooped onto tortilla chips for a quick snack. The roasted corn gives it a wonderful smoky flavour, but if time is short, cooked corn will do.
- 2 cobs corn , (unhusked)2 2cobs cobscorn, (unhusked)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 1/2 1/2cup cupchopped onion
- 2 tomatoes , chopped2 2tomatotomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander 2 2tbsp tbspfinely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice 1 1tbsp tbsplime juice
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno peppers 1 1tsp tspminced jalapeno pepperjalapeno peppers
- 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 1/4tsp tspsalt
Cover corn with water; let soak for 20 minutes.
Remove from water and peel back husks, leaving bases attached; remove silk. Close husks over corn; tie with wet kitchen string.
Place husks on grill over medium-high heat; close cover and cook, turning frequently, for 20 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender. Let cool slightly; remove husks and cut corn from cobs.
In bowl, combine corn, onion, tomatoes, coriander, lime juice, jalape?nd salt. Serve at room temperature.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com