Roasted Pepper and Cheese Tortellini Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||22 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Fresh ingredients, ready-made pasta and an easy dressing come together deliciously in this hearty salad.
- 2 2sweet red and/or yellow pepperyellow peppers
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers
- 1 pkg (350 g) 1pkg (350 g)fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppine nutpine nuts
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspDijon mustard
- 1 pinch 1pincheach of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
On foil-lined baking sheet, broil red and green peppers, turning occasionally, until blackened, about 15 minutes. Let cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skins; core and seed. Cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini until tender, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-high heat, shaking pan constantly, until golden, about 3 minutes; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Stir in roasted peppers, tortellini and pine nuts. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2009