Roasted Pepper, Potato and Egg Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||24 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve this filling vegetarian salad with a loaf of crusty bread.
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh basil leaffresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspanchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/2 head 1/2headromaine lettuce
- 8 8cooked small new potatonew potatoes, quartered
- 2 2roasted red pepperroasted red peppers
- 4 4hard-cooked eggs, quartered
In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, basil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste and pepper; set aside.
Tear lettuce into salad bowl. Add potatoes and half of the dressing; toss to coat. Cut red peppers into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide strips. Scatter peppers and eggs over salad; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Additional information :
To roast red peppers: Place on greased grill over medium-high heat or under broiler; close lid and cook, turning often, for 20 minutes or until charred. Let cool enough to handle; peel off skins.
To hard-cook eggs: Arrange in single layer in saucepan; pour in cold water to come at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) above eggs. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Immediately remove from heat; let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for 2 minutes to cool.