Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing and Eyeball Croutons
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 8
- 15 15garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupvegetable oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspdijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplight mayonnaise
- 16 slices 16slicesbaguettebaguettes
- 8 8pimiento-stuffed green olivepimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
- 12 cups 12cupsromaine lettuce, torn
In small saucepan, heat garlic with oil over medium-low heat, covered, for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool slightly. Reserving oil, remove garlic; set aside.
Squeeze 8 of the garlic cloves out of skins into small bowl; mash with fork. Whisk in reserved oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside for dressing.
Squeeze out remaining cloves into small bowl; mash until smooth. Whisk in mayonnaise. Set aside.
Trim baguette slices into eye shapes. Bake on baking sheet in 400ºF (200ºC) oven for 8 minutes or until crisp. Spread garlic mixture over top; centre olive half on top to resemble eyeball.
Toss lettuce with dressing; divide among plates. Top each with 2 croutons.