Salmon Pasta Salad for Four
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
This speedy dish is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
- 4 cups 4cupssmall shell pasta
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen peas
- 1 can (7-1/2 oz/213 g) 1can (7-1/2 oz/213 g)sockeye salmonsockeye salmons, drained
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupplain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupfinely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 6 6radishradishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper sauce
- 12 12romaine lettuce leaves
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 7 minutes. Add peas; cook until pasta is al dente, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water; shake out excess water.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, flake salmon with fork, mashing in any bones; remove skin if desired. Set aside.
In large bowl, stir together yogurt, onion, mayonnaise, radishes, dill, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
Tear 4 of the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces; add to large bowl along with pasta mixture and salmon. Toss to combine. To serve, spoon onto remaining lettuce leaves.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2010