Salt and Pepper Steak With Green Sauce
- Portion size: 6 to 8
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
Liven up classic steak with a delectable sauce. Or better yet, make the variations and offer all three sauces to sample and savour. You can refrigerate them for up to 3 days.
- 2 lb 2lbboneless beef grilling steak, about 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) thick
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspcoarse salt
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tsppepper Green Sauce:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped green oniongreen onions
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup 1cupchopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp 3tbspwater
- 1 1tomatotomatoes, finely diced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupolive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplemon juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper; press to adhere. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Green Sauce: Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse together onions, parsley, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, garlic and water until finely chopped; scrape into bowl. Stir in tomato,
oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Serve with steak.
Additional information : Variations
Salt and Pepper Steak With Horseradish Cream:
Omit Green Sauce. Drain 1/3 cup horseradish in sieve, pressing; transfer to bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3 tbsp sour cream and pinch pepper. Serve with steak.
Salt and Pepper Steak With Mustard Sauce:
Omit Green Sauce. In saucepan, cook 1 cup whipping cream over medium heat until reduced by about half, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 1/4 cup Dijon mustard and 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives. Serve with steak.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011