Sauteed Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4 servings
Readily available from your grocery store year-round, summery zucchini and cherry tomatoes will brighten up your meal in this delicious veggie side.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 2zucchinizucchinis, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pinch 1pinchgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspthinly sliced green oniongreen onions, (green parts only)
- 2 tsp 2tspred wine vinegar
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté zucchini, garlic, oregano, salt and hot pepper flakes until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and sugar; cook until tomatoes are shrivelled, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onion and vinegar.
Source : Canadian Living Special Issue: Make-Ahead Meals 2009