Savoury Cheesecake Bites
This recipe makes 60 pieces servings
- Portion size: 60 pieces
Three different fillings provide a variety of tastes and colours. If you prefer one filling only, triple the ingredients for the one you choose.
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupdry bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp 3tbspbutter, melted
- 1 pkg 1pkgcream cheese, softened
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspall-purpose flour
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchsalt
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchpepper
- 1 cup 1cupsour cream Smoked Salmon Filling:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupfinely chopped smoked salmon, (about 2 oz/50 g)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp 2tsplemon juice
- Fresh dill sprigs Peppy Pizza Filling:
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptomato sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfreshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried basil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried oregano
- 1/4 1/4small sweet red peppersweet red peppers, finely diced
- slivered Sweet red pepperSweet red peppers Tex-Mex Filling:
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplime juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspchili powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground ginger
Spray 5 miniature tart tins generously with nonstick cooking spray or brush evenly with shortening. In bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter until moistened. Press 1 tsp (5 mL) into bottom of each tart tin. Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 8 minutes or until toasted and set.
In bowl, beat cream cheese; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in flour, salt and pepper; beat in sour cream. Divide batter among 3 bowls.
Smoked Salmon Filling: Stir salmon, dill and lemon juice into first bowl.
Peppy Pizza Filling: Stir tomato sauce, Parmesan, basil, oregano and diced red pepper into second bowl.
Tex-Mex Filling: Stir coriander, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and ginger into third bowl.
Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) filling over each tart base. Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or just until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
Run knife around edge of each cheesecake to loosen; transfer to serving platter. Garnish smoked salmon cheesecakes with fresh dill sprigs. Garnish pizza cheesecakes with red pepper slivers. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com