Sesame Pork Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Main Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 lb 1lblean ground pork or lean ground chicken
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced gingerroot, (or 1 tsp/5 ml ground ginger)
- 1/4 1/4small cabbage, sliced (about 3-/12 cups/875 mL)
- 2 2small carrotcarrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupschicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupoyster sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptoasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame oil
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
Sauce: In bowl, whisk together chicken stock, oyster sauce, sesame seeds, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
Main Ingredients: In large wok or skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry pork in 2 batches, until browned, adding more oil if necessary, about 4 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add remaining vegetable oil, onion, garlic and gingerroot to wok. Stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Vegetables: Add cabbage, carrots and stock; cover and steam until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Return pork to pan. Pour in sauce; cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2003