Shrimp and Brie Melts
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Portion size: 4
A hit of orange gives classic shrimp salad a twist. Add Brie and you have a decidedly elegant open-faced sandwich.
- 4 slices 4sliceslight rye bread or dark rye bread
- 1 bag (12 oz/340 g) 1bag (12 oz/340 g)frozen cooked peeled salad shrimpfrozen cooked peeled salad shrimp, (size 150/200), thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh chivefresh chives
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrated orange zest
- 4 tsp 4tsporange juice
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 6 oz 6ozBrie cheese, cut in 8 slices
On baking sheet, broil bread, turning once, until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Squeeze water from shrimp; pat dry with paper towel. In bowl, combine mayonnaise, chives, dill, orange zest and juice, salt and pepper; fold in shrimp.
Scoop about 2/3 cup onto each slice of toast. Top each with 2 slices of cheese.
Broil on baking sheet until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1 minute.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2012