Sirloin Steak with Green Bean Pasta Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 1 lb 1lbsirloin steaksirloin steaks, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh oregano, (2 tsp/10 mL dried)
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupolive oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwine vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupsfusilli pasta or rotini pasta
- 1 lb 1lbgreen beangreen beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscherry tomatocherry tomatoes, halved
Place steak in shallow dish. In small bowl whisk together oregano, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, pepper and salt. Remove 2 tablespoons (25 mL) and pour over steak, turning to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Whisk remaining oil into lemon mixture for dressing; set aside.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 7 minutes. Add green beans; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm and beans are tender-crisp. Drain and chill under cold water; drain well and place in bowl. Add tomatoes and dressing; toss to coat.
Meanwhile, place steak on greased grill over medium-high heat or under broiler; cook turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve on top of salad.