Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 1 bunch 1bunchasparagus spearasparagus spears, (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried thyme
- 1 cup 1cupsodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
Cut asparagus on diagonal into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths; set aside.
Cut chicken into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil to pan; fry onion, garlic and thyme, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan. Add asparagus and chicken stock; cover and simmer until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, cornstarch and lemon rind; add to pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
More chicken recipes:
- Lemon Oregano Chicken
- Sweet-and-Sour Skillet Chicken
- Grilled Chicken and Mango Kabobs
- Skillet Chicken Divan
- Cranberry Chicken Skillet Supper
Additional information :
Tip: To make this dish for two, divide all ingredients in half but follow cooking directions as specified.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2006