Smashed Potato Salad
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes Chill: 1 hour
- Total time : PT30M
- Portion size: 8
- 3 3eggeggs
- 4 4large potatoes, (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g), peeled
- 1/2 1/2Vidalia onionVidalia onions or sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 2ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdiced gherkin picklegherkin pickles
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2tbspDijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppaprika
Place eggs in saucepan; cover with at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) cold water. Cover and bring to boil over high heat; remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop into chunks. Place in large bowl.
Peel and chop eggs. Add to potatoes along with onion, celery and pickles, breaking up slightly with potato masher.
In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and paprika. Add to potatoes, mixing well. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2010