S'mores Popcorn Balls
- Portion size: 12 pieces
This recipe makes 12 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- 10 cups 10cupspopped popcorn, (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 2 cups 2cupspieces (1/2-inch/1 cm) graham crackergraham crackers, (about 15 crackers)
- 1 bag (250 g) 1bag (250 g)mini marshmallows, (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla Topping:
- 2 oz 2ozbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
In large greased roasting pan, toss together popcorn, graham crackers and 1 cup of the marshmallows. Set aside.
In large saucepan, melt remaining marshmallows with butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; stir with greased spatula to coat.
Let cool enough to handle. With greased hands, form by 3/4 cup into balls. Place on waxed paper–lined tray; let cool.
Topping: In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate. Using fork, drizzle all over popcorn balls; refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
Turn balls over and drizzle with remaining chocolate; refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. (Make-ahead: Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store for up to 24 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011