Souper Chicken Noodle
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 7 hours
- Portion size: 8
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
|dietary fibre||4 g|
With plenty of noodles, kale, sweet potatoes and chicken in every bite, this soup is satisfying and healing for your taste buds, your body and your soul. If you don't have any stock on hand, a no-salt-added broth will work, too.
- 2 2oniononions, chopped
- 2 2ribs celery, chopped
- 2 2carrotcarrots, chopped
- 2 2sweet potatosweet potatoes, (about 1-1/4 lb/565 g total), peeled and chopped
- 2 slices 2slicesfresh ginger
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 6 6bone-in chicken thighs, (about 2 lb/900 g total)
- 3-1/2 cups 3-1/2cupsEasy Chicken Stock recipe
- 3 cups 3cupswater
- 3 cups 3cupssliced stemmed kale
- 2 cups 2cupscurly egg noodles
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfrozen peas
In slow cooker, combine onions, celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, salt and pepper. Arrange chicken over vegetables. Pour in stock and water.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Transfer chicken to bowl. Stir kale, noodles and peas into soup. Cover and cook on high until noodles are tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove and discard skin, bones and fat from chicken. Shred or chop chicken and return to soup.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2012