Southwestern Chicken Bites
- Portion size: 60
This recipe makes 60 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
Give plain chips and salsa a rest this holiday season. These spicy, bite-size nachos feature everyone's favourite tortilla toppers.
- 2 lb 2lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped red onionred onions
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptomato paste
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated lime rind
- 2 2large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspcayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight sour cream
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 60 60tortilla chiptortilla chips, (approx)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced red onion
Cut chicken into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces; place in bowl. Set aside.
In blender or food processor, pur?together chopped onion, tomato paste, jalapeño pepper, lime rind, garlic, cayenne, cumin and pepper until smooth.
Scrape onion mixture into bowl with chicken, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. (Make-ahead: Spoon into resealable plastic bags; press flat and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator.)
In small bowl, stir sour cream with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the coriander. Set aside.
Spread chicken over foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil, stirring once, until golden and no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Place 3 chicken pieces on each tortilla chip. Top with sour cream mixture; sprinkle with remaining coriander and minced onion.
Additional information :
Tip: You can also cook the chicken in a large wok or nonstick skillet. Heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken, in batches, until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com