Soy-Glazed Arctic Char
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Total time : 15 minutes
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
Similar in taste and texture to salmon, Arctic char is a common food in Nunavut and across Canada's North. It is typically eaten raw, frozen and dipped in soy sauce, but we've adapted the idea and created a delicious soy-based glaze to go on simple baked char.
- 2 2skin-on Arctic char fillets, (about 1-1/2 lb/675 g total)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspunseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp 2tspliquid honey
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
Place fish, skin side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey and pepper; brush over fish.
Bake in 425ºF (220ºC) oven until fish flakes easily when tested, 8 to 10 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2012